Thursday, July 28, 2011

Workshop

Today I did another workshop with one other volunteer and it went so well! The teachers really seemed to learn and enjoy it, and a lot of them even came up to me afterwards to say thank you! The workshop, like the other ones, focused on how to engage students in learning, classroom management, and ways to discipline WITHOUT "the cane." Teachers were open and interested in learning new tips to teaching! Wonderful day! :)

with a little piece of my heart,

Julia



1 comment:

  1. Another successful teaching workshop - Well done, Julia!

    I guess you heard that The Acorn Newspaper published a substantial article on you (and Maji Mazuri) in today's edition. It was beautifully written, and was the "buzz" of friends, family, and the entire West Valley.

    We are so proud of you and your accomplishments. I can only imagine how much you will be missed -- especially by the children.

    We have all missed you on this side of the world as well. I am so looking forward to your coming home and giving you a REAL hug instead of one in writing.

    I know that it will be difficult for you to leave though and that you will be bringing Kenya home with you as a BIG piece of your heart.

    By the way, now that you want to have a more simple lifestyle, can I have all of your hi-tech equipment?

    I'm just sayin' . . .

    ReplyDelete