Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy Life

Today I took time visit a local orphanage called Happy Life. An amazing organization who has 53 abandoned children all under the age of 7 the youngest being 2 weeks old. These children were found at bus stops, trash bins, in front of hospitals, handed to a passerby and then abandoned. Such beautiful souls, and they warmed my heart. I'll spend more time with them next weekend, I loved holding the babies!!!! Still very busy giving workshops and meeting with teachers both special ed teachers and general ed teachers and loving every minute of it. I have the wheelchair technologist coming on Monday for more custom made wheelchairs and I am so excited!! Loving living life through an awakened
mind.  It's like I've been sleeping before Kenya shook me awake, and for that, I thank you Kenya.

with a little piece of my heart,

Julia


Holding a 2 week year old baby boy. They received 3 days ago and named him Richard today.





                                    
potty training!!

2 comments:

  1. Omg I want them all! Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.

    Eda Le Shan

    ReplyDelete