Wednesday, July 6, 2011

reunited and it feels so good!

After being away for a week, I went back to work today. Gosh how I missed the kids! I know teachers are not supposed to have favorites and I truly don't, BUT William has stolen my heart. I don't know whether it's his smile that reminds me happiness is not far from your soul, or whether it's his determination and willingness to learn despite his multiple disabilities, or it might be the fact that at 8 years old he's ready to conquer the world and I believe he can. "My son," is a shining light put here on earth, I can only hope someday my children will have half the courage he has. As much as I have taught him, he has taught me. Soon, with your donations, William will get the wheelchair he deserves and that brings a smile to my heart and a couple tears in my eyes. Don't worry ALL the children, who have also amazed me with their stories and perseverance, will benefit from your donations and they all do have place and in my heart! I've said it before but I'll say it again, life is beautiful.

with a little piece of my heart,

Julia 


William and I


My boy will soon have a wheelchair! 


The little ones


3 comments:

  1. Oh Julia you warm my heart. Give all the kids a big hug and kiss from their grandma. Life is good, stay healthy, I love you more than you know. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The children and you are blessed with all of the lessons you are teaching each other in every aspect.

    And, at the same time, Wanjiku, the children, you, and everyone at Maji Mazuri are teaching all of us how the actions of a single person can make such a huge difference in the lives of so many.

    On behalf of all of us, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a little bit of what you had to go through when we were in mexico. It must of been the hardest thing being so far away... It is really inspirational how strong you are and we all got "Hazak" written in hebrew on bracelets in Mexico for you! Hope all is well, and I am so JEALOUS that you get to see and experience and see such a beautiful, different, and REAL part of our world. Talk to you soon kidddddo.

    ReplyDelete