Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting Better!

Just starting to feel better! Went to the hospital, got all checked out and it seems it was just a horrible flu. NO malaria, thank G-d! I tell you though, its not easy being a hypochondriac in a third world country! All jokes aside, I am looking forward to getting back to the kids. I think I'm already attached. I am also looking forward to this weekend in Mathare Valley. The youth group have been working on a peace project to promote peace in their community, and on saturday they are holding a "futbol" (soccer) tournament. Stay tuned for updates on that ;)

ps... on a brighter note if anyone would like to know, I'm worth about 400 goats.

with a little piece of my heart,

Julia

3 comments:

  1. Obviously, there has been a gross miscalculation. I have always thought that, considering today's market values and the buy/sell ratio, that you would be worth, at the very least, um, 427 goats?

    So great to hear that you are feeling better! Sending love, hugs and kisses your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO happy to know you are feeling better! Well, another milestone!! Sick, away from mommy and you made it!!! So PROUD!!! Now you can start having fun again. Keep us posted.
    Oh, and 400 goats must be worth a fortune there!! You go girl...hold out for some donkeys thrown in. love you!

    ReplyDelete