Wednesday, August 3, 2011

saying goodbye

saying goodbye is not easy. especially when you have become so close to the people around you. I leave tomorrow night and every hour gets harder for me. Tomorrow I will see 3 of the 9 wheelchairs be delivered  and I couldn't ask for a better goodbye. The other 6 will be delivered next week and with the money that was raised I was also able to buy an amazing sewing machine that will be used for vocational training. Tomorrow will be bitter sweet. I'll write again when I am home (my American home ;) ). Thank you to everyone for supporting me in my journey and coming along with me through following my blog. I had my ups and my downs, and all in all I'm leaving a new person ready to keep on helping.

with AN ENORMOUS piece of my heart,

Julia

2 comments:

  1. Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.

    -Richard Bach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitter sweet farewell! Can't wait to see you again... this has been an incredible journey. So grateful for the opportunity to share in it with you, through your blog.

    ReplyDelete