Wednesday, May 25, 2011

why i am here

Today I took the local bus ( the ma-ta-tu) to the Children's Center of Maji Mazuri. The Children's Center is where Maji Mazuri takes children in with special needs. I am overwhelmed with emotion. This center is like a little piece of hope, when hope was not an option for these kids. I was told several horrible stories about how the kids were treated prior to being brought to the center. One little girl was tied to a tree for her whole life until Maji Mazuri recused her. You can see the scars from where the rope kept her tight to the tree. I wish I could write more but my mind is elsewhere right now. I know why I'm here now.


with a little piece of my heart,

Julia





5 comments:

  1. There are some teardrops on my keyboard. The smiles on the faces of these children are exactly as I imagined they would be in your presence. Just look at them! NOW you're home. Your commitment take my breath away. You go, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingle this is amazing. This truly is a piece of your heart (a big piece). You look so happy, keep posting.

    PS: my mom called to read me your thank you card....love you tons cheddarfish! Let me know when you can vid chat.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Julia...look at you!! Your right where you belong!! I know deep down inside your Bumpa, helped bring you to this place. You now have a little piece of MY heart. love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetheat so proud to be your mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia! These kids are adorable! Your living your dream! What an incredible journey. I know you are going to touch so many lives!!

    ReplyDelete