Saturday, April 28, 2012

No Judgment

       I've been gone about 12 days now and remembering why I am so in love with Africa comes easily. South Africa is hands down one of the most amazing places I've ever been in my entire life. My roots lie within and I can feel my  blood belonging. But with beauty and a sense of belonging also comes hard times. South Africa, I believe, still has a long way to go with issues of race. Color matters in South Africa, and I can't wrap my head around it. Its instilled from a young age  generation after generation and thus I can not hold judgment. But I feel something must be done or this country will turn on itself.  
         I leave for Kenya on Tuesday with extreme caution, as the anniversary of Osama Bin Laden's death approaches raising the threat of terrorist attacks in Kenya. My eyes are open once again and my  heart is filled with nothing but love. I'm back. 

with a little piece of my heart,

Julia








1 comment:

  1. Once again you capture me with your words. Yes, your roots (from your father) are ALL in Africa. Continue to change the world in your little spot of heaven. Angels will be watching over you, NO worries!
    love you lots,
    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete